Saturday, October 11, 2008

History Exam

I got my first history exam back and I was not too happy about it. Back in high school, a 74 would not have bothered me, but the reason why it is bothering me now is because so much more is riding on this grade. My Bright Futures scholarship says that I have to maintain higher than a 3.0 to receive it. If this becomes a habit I could very quickly find myself needing some money. Also, this exam was the first one, and usually the first exams are the easiest. So if I only got a c on the first exam I think that I am going to need to study harder on the next exam. Another problem is that in high school your grade was based on so much more than just your tests, which meant that you had a little room to do bad on a test or two. In this class we only get points for the tests, discussions, and occasionally a writing assignment. The only reason why I did so bad was because we only had 50 minutes to do three identities, where you identify a historical figure in one paragraph, and two essays. I just hope that by the next exam I will be able to write faster.

No comments: